Friday, February 20, 2015

Planting Herbs and Vegetable seeds for a summer Garden




February is the month to start planting herbs and vegetables to fully enjoy an abundant harvest during summer time. Planting the seeds is actually quite easy. Caring and achieving success is the tricky part. Last year I managed to have eggplants and capsicums in my little vegetable corner. This year I am trying to grow butternut pumpkin (which I love) and lettuces. I always have, during the entire year, rosemary and thyme (quite sturdy and woody herbs) in the garden an I use them a lot in my cooking. They’re super easy to grow and need little maintenance.

If it’s the first time you’re trying to plant something from scratch, try easy to grow herbs like parsley, thyme, rosemary or cilantro (coriander). Recycle egg cartons and little plastic boxes that come with the vegetables you buy at the supermarket. Start indoors. Find a nice sunny spot or a windowsill to place your containers.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...